PHP is a web programming language that helps you in developing websites, web applications, and other tools with ease. It is a foundation for website designing and development. You can think of this web development language as a flexible template. You will also find certain powerful functions that are involved within a framework, based on the various philosophies and goals of the creator. PHP web development frameworks provide you with the necessary elements and act as the bare-bones foundation to build a website. It may require hiring PHP developers to accomplish your task, as they will use their web development skills.
Some popular PHP web development frameworks below:
- Symfony: It offers an extensive range of components and provides a huge community.
- Laravel: It is the most demanded PHP web development framework for building complex web applications.
- Cake PHP: It is considered as a user-friendly PHP web development framework that you can use to create custom web applications.
- CodeIgniter: It is a good option for high-level flexibility, quality & performance.
WordPress allows newbie and veteran website developers to publish content and set layout of your site by leveraging a user-friendly interface. You can access every single functionality on your website using WordPress. Once you have a proper handle over WordPress CMS, you’ll be able to build and run websites smoothly.
WordPress also offers you a huge range of themes and plugins that allow you to increase the functionality of your website.
Millions of high-level enterprises rely on WordPress to build their websites. WordPress CMS is the most used website building platform in the world.
“If WordPress is the best website builder, then the PHP Framework is the powerhouse of WordPress.”
PHP vs WordPress Framework
A WordPress CMS doesn’t require much technical knowledge for developing and maintaining a website. Whereas, a PHP framework requires a very good knowledge for developing and maintaining a website.
It is an important concern for all website owners, especially for those who develop sites in-house. It plays an important role in efficiency and effectiveness of the final product.
- A PHP framework is especially designed for developers, who want to work with a less complicated programming language.
- On the other hand, WordPress CMS is a tool for developing a website that can be used by anyone regardless of their tech expertise. Attaining an attractive graphical user interface. It will be ideal for clarity during development and use.
2) High Security
It is the primary concern for all website owners, that represents a huge difference between PHP and WordPress CMS. If it fails to secure your site properly, it can result in leaking sensitive data into wrong hands.
- A PHP web framework is considered as a lower-level solution in terms of security.
- Whereas, A WordPress CMS could be considered more secure than a PHP web framework. You can build an inherent security system into the platform itself.
3) Upgrades and productivity
Constant updates, bug fixing and productivity is a very important concern for all website owners.
- A WordPress CMS constantly provides updates to add new features, bug fixings, productivity, improve security and work on the user feedback. On other hand, a PHP framework does not usually update as compared to WordPress.
- WordPress guarantees more productivity for users as it is super easy to use. PHP offers a low level of productivity as not everyone can use it.
- You do not require any coding knowledge to use WordPress. This means almost anyone can set up their website in a matter of hours. Regardless of what you want to upload, be it content, images, videos, or more the process is super easy. On the other hand, PHP requires coding, which requires technical knowledge of uploading and editing.
It is not always a primary concern, when you have a clear idea of what you are trying to achieve with your website, you are developing.
- WordPress provides more flexibility, when it requires regular modification of contents, images as well as layout and appearances.
5) SEO Friendly
It plays an important role when you develop a website. SEO plays an important role in determining the Google ranking of a website. Your website should contain refined and fresh content, which affects the overall quality and ranking of your website.
- WordPress CMS is known for its Search Engine Optimization friendly in comparison to PHP.
- WordPress is preferred more over PHP, as because it comes with several built-in features and extensions, which can improve your technical SEO.
Your budget is something that you need to consider primarily before choosing a website development framework.
- WordPress is cost-effective in comparison to PHP, for developing and maintaining your website.
Conclusion: WordPress vs PHP
WordPress and PHP are quite different from each other in various aspects. As both benefits in making a good web-based product, depending upon your requirements.
Both had their pros and cons, while both can help to improve your browser-based website digital experience.
PHP is a better option for web development projects. Because of its high-security standards, flexible codebase, SEO friendly and great user experience.
To develop a fully-featured, SEO-friendly, user-friendly, attractive and secure website under reasonable pricing, you can go for WordPress CMS.