There is no escape from outsourcing an IT firm in order to obtain a good web application for business. In fact, the number of outsourcing is increasing drastically from 12.7% in 2019 to 13.6% in 2020 every year as people are opting to outsource tasks they don’t expertise instead of hiring new talent in-house.
Presently, we are living in the digital era therefore, it’s important to have a web application. Moreover, it’s nowadays an imperative part for every business in order to succeed. However, it’s hard for those who are not tech junkies to develop a website or web application. In addition to web application development, it is more difficult to choose and hire the right web development company.
Using an outsourced web development firm not only allows you access to experienced web developers, but it is also beneficial for your company since it is low-cost. Whether you are a small business or a large corporation, outsourcing has the same advantages. However, there are many factors that you must consider while outsourcing. Wondering what we are talking about? Let’s read on the complete process and merits of outsourcing. Let’s begin!
Merits of Outsourcing
Explore the pros of outsourcing web application development: –
- Cut Down Extra Costs – The reason to choose to outsource is the fact that it is the most cost-effective option when you do not want to hire your own in-house team. You can obtain the best service while paying a reasonable amount. Additionally, you can reduce operational and labor costs by outsourcing.
- Encounter Worldwide Talent – By outsourcing your web development project, you will gain access to top programmers, UX/UI designers, project managers, and creatives worldwide.
- Experienced Professionals – The benefit of outsourcing is that you can access IT project developers who are highly skilled and have vast experience working on IT projects across many different business sectors.
- Timely Delivery Of Project – In the development of any application, time plays a significant role. This is something every company looks for when hiring, outsourcing, or offshoring. When you outsource, you ensure that your website will be completed within the timeframe promised, so that you can begin other online marketing activities.
- Benefit Of Latest Technology – By outsourcing your web development project, you get access to the latest technologies and tools that provide you with a more effective website. As a result, a person with a good working knowledge of front-end or back-end development is exposed to a wide range of technologies and techniques, including the latest libraries and frameworks.
- Focus On Your Core Business – Your company can focus on other important business operations if you outsource software development to a team of experienced developers and project managers.
- Handle Risks Efficiently – An experienced web development company will keep you updated at every stage of the project by allowing continuous monitoring and tracking. Furthermore, it’s essential that you hire a remote team of experts who are experienced in developing web development projects, as this reduces the possibility of the project going wrong somewhere.
- Massive Business Support – With outsourcing, you can combine your innovative business ideas with the skills of your tech partner, which will eventually lead to an item that fits both your idea and your company, as well as your audience.
- Reduced Burn Rates – The idea of hiring your own development team may seem appealing, but it entails additional costs, such as expensive hiring and onboarding processes, office rentals, back-office costs, and additional utilities.
- Project Scalability – With a remote team of developers, your project can grow more quickly. From developing an MVP to collecting feedback and scaling or pivoting your project, outsourcing allows you to adjust the team size to meet your project’s needs.
Crowdsourcing vs Outsourcing
Outsourcing refers to the practice of contracting an existing business process which was previously performed inside the organization, to another independent organization. In simple terms, outsourcing mens purchasing a similar process as a service. On the other hand, the concept of crowdsourcing refers to the practice of outsourcing tasks to the assigned group of people.
It is no secret that outsourcing can be a scary notion for many. However, this business model has been adopted globally across both private and public sectors, offering a number of benefits. In other words, external providers enable the company to focus on its core competencies/service. Additionally, it is a powerful business strategy these days to achieve success in this competitive digital era. Furthermore, the advantages of outsourcing are numerous. So let’s discover the benefits so that you can make a firm decision effortlessly.
Correct Technique to Outsource
Historically, outsourcing was aimed primarily at finding cheaper manufacturing costs by utilizing overseas labor. In today’s business world, more and more companies or businesses are seeking outside specialists or outsourcing services to handle time-consuming tasks that distract them from their main focus. However, if you’re are a newbie to outsourcing, then follow the below-mentioned steps to outsource your web application development: –
- Decide Which Tasks To Outsource
- Choose A Platform
- Start Small
- Be As Descriptive As Possible
- Consider Inviting Freelancers To Bid
- Don’t Automatically Choose The Lowest Bid
- Evaluate The Quotes/Bids
- Provide Detailed Communication Throughout The Process
- Look For Ongoing Opportunities
- Evaluate Your Approach Periodically
Companies often assume that all work should be done in-house. However, this should not be done often as every circumstance is different from others.
For instance, sometimes a task is possible and sometimes you would be required to outsource the task to experts, like for PHP-based projects you would need to hire PHP developers if you don’t possess PHP knowledge or expertise.
Most of the time, it makes a lot more sense to outsource web application development to a professional company. As it is a rapidly growing trend nowadays. Moreover, an expert study concluded that by 2022, spending on web and mobile apps development will increase by 92% to $157 billion worldwide.
Those companies who ignore such crucial growth factors suffer significantly. Outsourcing web application development is one way to build a truly excellent web application without compromising other business operations.
Andrej Fedek is a digital marketer. He recently started his own blog about digital marketing called InterCool Studio. His passion is to help startups grow and thrive in a competitive environment.