Search engines prefer quality and original content. But when so much material is available on the internet, it’s hard to avoid content plagiarism and duplication issues. That’s where you can take assistance from a plagiarism checker.
Since plagiarism is a significant issue, several options are available on the internet to check for content originality. Therefore, selecting the right tool can be confusing for beginners. That is why we have compiled a list of the five best tools to check content originality. So, without wasting any time, let’s begin the list. Shall we?
Best Tools to Check for Content Originality:
The following list contains a combination of four freemium tools and one free tool to check plagiarism. So, to know which plagiarism checker will be best for you, read our in-depth analysis of each tool.
The first plagiarism checker software on this list is the Plagiarism Checker by Check-Plagiarism.com. This tool has made the first spot because it is one of the most accurate free tools to check plagiarism. But let’s see its in-depth review to learn more about this software.
This plagiarism detector is a sentence-wise plagiarism checker that relies on billions of online web pages and documents to check for content originality. Since this tool is a cutting-edge technology-based plagiarism detector, it takes help from advanced AI algorithms. Therefore, its results are mostly accurate.
To get started with this tool, you will have to enter the content you want to check into this tool. So, you can:
- Upload the content (.doc, .docx, .pdf, or .txt) file from local device storage.
- Type new content from scratch.
- Paste the copied text.
Anyway, once this tool has scanned your text for plagiarism, it will provide sentence-wise results along with the sources of copied text. This way, you can quickly determine whether the provided source is original or not.
- Its plagiarism-checking engine provides more accurate results than other free and freemium tools. So, it is one of the best free plagiarism checkers.
- Suppose this tool finds a few traces of plagiarism in your content. In that case, you can try its ‘Paraphrasing Tool’ to rewrite the plagiarized portions.
- You can also take assistance from its built-in ‘Citation Generator’ to cite the copied sources in APA, Chicago and MLA formats.
- This tool is more than a plagiarism checker because it also detects the keyword density in your content. So, if you have frequently included a specific keyword in your content, this tool can help you check that.
- Sometimes, you want to ignore a few URLs while performing a scan for plagiarism. In such situations, you can include those URLs in this tool’s ‘Exclude URL’ box. This way, the tool won’t scan the web pages entered in the excluded URL box.
- The word count limit of this plagiarism checker is more than other free and freemium plagiarism tools available. So, it is ideal for checking the content originality of lengthy documents.
- Since this tool doesn’t require third-party service providers’ assistance, your documents remain safe here. Plus, as soon as you finish the plagiarism-checking session, this tool instantly deletes your reports.
- The overall interface and experience of this tool are pretty self-explanatory. So, there is no learning curve to this tool.
- If you have a WordPress blog, you can integrate this plagiarism checker’s functionality on your platform by trying its ‘WordPress Plugin.’ However, if your blog is not based on WordPress, you can still integrate this plagiarism checker on your platform through its ‘Plagiarism APIs.’
- If you like the services of this tool, you can enjoy the same features on its Android, iOS and macOS applications.
- Although this tool has the option of generating a plagiarism report, often, it fails to create a plagiarism report of the performed session.
- Its premium plan is not worth purchasing because better alternatives are available in exchange for money.
- It is not a multilingual plagiarism checker.
Plagiarism Checker by Prepostseo
This tool has made the second spot because of its lesser word count limit. But other than that, its plagiarism-checking engine goes head-to-head with the first tool. So, let’s see its detailed review to learn more about it.
This plagiarism checker is a feature-rich tool that works on deep searching and advanced AI algorithms to check content originality. It takes assistance from the archived thesis and the data available on search engines to find traces of plagiarism in content.
Generally, you can input text into a plagiarism checker by uploading the document file from local device storage, pasting the copied text, or typing the new text. But besides the conventional text-entering options, Prepostseo allows you to upload the document (.doc, .docx, .pdf, or .txt) files directly from Google Drive. This way, you won’t have to export the document files separately.
Once this tool has finished the scan for plagiarism, it will underline the plagiarized portions with red color. However, besides highlighting, it will provide the links from where you have copied the content.
- As mentioned earlier, the accuracy of this tool’s plagiarism-checking engine is like the first tool. So, you can trust the plagiarism report.
- Unlike the first tool, the plagiarism checker by Prepostseo relies on different color schemes to identify the exact and paraphrased matches. This way, it will be easier to differentiate between different types of plagiarism.
- Besides being able to exclude URLs, you can check the ‘Exclude Quotes’ box. This way, during the plagiarism scan, this plagiarism checker will exclude the sentences enclosed in quotes.
- This tool has one of the fastest plagiarism-checking engines. That is why it can quickly check the content originality of your content.
- You can save all stats of the current plagiarism session with this tool by generating a plagiarism report.
- Besides being a feature-rich tool, this tool is rich in terms of integration with other platforms. For instance, you can:
- Integrate it into a WordPress or non-WordPress blog.
- Add it to a Chrome-based browser to access it without navigating to the official website.
- Download the Windows, macOS, Android, or iOS application to enjoy the same services on other platforms.
- One significant advantage of this tool over the first entry is its multilingual support. So, besides English, you can check the plagiarism of content written in several other popular languages.
- This tool is a plagiarism checker and remover because if it finds any traces of plagiarism, you can try its built-in plagiarism remover to remove those traces.
- Like the first tool, you will also find a built-in ‘Citation Generator’ here. So, you can create citations in APA, Chicago and MLA formats with one click.
- Uploading data to this tool is entirely safe, as Prepostseo doesn’t save your content in any repository.
- With this tool, you can only check the plagiarism of 1,000-1,500 words for free. So, its word count limit in basic-free and unregistered plans is not ideal for dealing with lengthy content.
- Like the first tool, its premium plan is not worth purchasing because better options are available for the money.
Plagiarism Checker by Paraphraser.io
It is the last freemium entry on this list. Therefore, let’s see its in-depth review to learn more about this tool.
Paraphraser.io’s plagiarism checker is a freemium tool that works on advanced AI algorithms to perform in-depth content originality checks. Being a freemium tool, you can check the plagiarism of 1000 words for free. But if you want to increase the 1000-word count limit to 5000, you will have to become a premium member.
Once you have entered the text through any of the available text-inputting methods, this tool will compare the text with its database. So, to identify whether the uploaded content is original or not, it takes assistance from the following sources available in its database:
- Extensive internet sources.
- Vast online libraries.
- If this tool finds any traces of plagiarism in your content, you can cite their sources through its one-click ‘Citation Generator .’
- Since this plagiarism checker comes from a paraphrasing-dedicated platform, you can try its ‘Paraphrasing Tool’ to paraphrase the plagiarized content with one click.
- Some phrases are hard to paraphrase, even for AI tools. So, in such situations, you can take assistance from its ‘Article Rewriter’ to rewrite the plagiarized content with new wordings.
- You can download this tool’s Android and iOS application to enjoy its services on your smartphone.
- This tool has no advanced options for excluding quotes and URLs. So, it has a limited number of features.
- Compared to the plagiarism reports of the first three tools, it provides vague results.
- Sometimes, this tool provides an undefined percentage of plagiarized and unique content. So, if this happens, you will have to rerun the same text. That is why this tool is not as reliable as the first three tools.
- Its premium plan is not worth purchasing because better options are available if you want to spend money.
- There is no support for multiple languages in this tool.
Plagiarism Checker by Editpad
The last tool on this list is the ‘Plagiarism Checker by Editpad.’ As its name depicts, it is an entirely free plagiarism checker. But why have we included it here? Let’s find out the answer to this question through its in-depth review.
The plagiarism checker by Editpad.org is a sentence-wise plagiarism detector that takes assistance from published materials over the internet to determine content originality. So, like the first tool, it labels each sentence with red and green colors. The green color indicates unique content, whereas the red one indicates plagiarized sentences.
This tool works on the deep-searching algorithm. That’s why it can quickly compare the entered content with the published material over the internet. However, unlike the other tools, it doesn’t work on the latest AI algorithms. Therefore, its plagiarism reports are often vaguer than others.
Once the tool has completed the scan for plagiarism, it will provide the percentage of plagiarized or unique content. This way, you can instantly determine the percentage of original and copied text in your content.
- If the glaring white of this tool’s UI distracts you at night, you can turn on its dark mode. This way, you can even work at night without falling into eye fatigue issues.
- Despite being an entirely free plagiarism checker, it still supports languages other than English. So, like the second tool, it is a multilingual plagiarism checker.
- This tool takes assistance from green and red colors to differentiate between the original and plagiarized content portions. So, like the first and second tools, you can quickly identify your content’s copied and original parts with this tool.
- Like most tools on this list, you can take assistance from the ‘Paraphrasing Tool’ of Editpad.org to rework the plagiarized portions.
- You can’t check the content originality of more than 1000 words in this tool.
- Like the previous tool, this plagiarism checker sometimes provides an undefined percentage of unique and plagiarized content. So, if this happens, we recommend rerunning the same text. That is why it is not as reliable as the first three tools.
- The official website mentions that the Chrome extension of this tool is available. But we couldn’t find it.
- There are no advanced options in this tool. For instance, you can’t generate a plagiarism report and exclude quotes or URLs here.
One of the most disturbing trends we’ve noticed over the years is that plagiarism isn’t just happening amongst students and teachers but also businesses. Suppose you’re a business owner trying to grow your revenue. In that case, you need to get your employees on board with creating original and well-written content to increase brand recognition among their target audience. That’s where cutting-edge plagiarism checkers will come in handy.
Most cutting-edge plagiarism checkers work on deep searching techniques to quickly scour archived theses, journals, libraries and billions of web pages. Then, they rely on the latest AI algorithms to compare the entered text with existing materials and find traces of plagiarism.
Some tools can remove the plagiarized portions and rewrite them with the help of entirely new wordings. So, technology has not only made plagiarism detection easier, but it has also made it possible to remove the plagiarized portions.
Andrej Fedek is a digital marketer. He recently started his own blog about digital marketing called InterCool Studio. His passion is to help startups grow and thrive in a competitive environment.