A career on YouTube sounds exciting, right? We all have our favorite set of YouTubers who we love. But behind their videos, there’s a lot of stuff that goes unnoticed. There are tons of efforts involved in making a living off YouTube.
YouTube is all about subscribers, even if you have the best content, if there’s no audience, then it’s all worthless. People spend years trying to grow a subscriber base on YouTube, and yet they fail.
The reason is simple, they miss out on some basic things. To grow subscribers on YouTube, you need to follow some basic steps.
It’s not all about posting videos regularly, growing subscribers on YouTube requires more than that. Here are some basic tips on how to increase your YouTube subscribers.
How to Increase YouTube Subscribers?
1. Create Engaging Content
If you want more people to watch what you’re creating, then your content should be creative and informative. You can’t hit the goldmine every time, so you need to follow some rules for content creation:
- Build your channel around a particular niche/audience.
- Make sure that you plan your video script, so all the relevant points are covered, and users don’t end up feeling confused about your content. If your video is too long or filled with too much information, break it up.
- Make your video more visually pleasing, by adding visuals to the video.
- Most users tend to leave a video within the first 30 seconds. Creating intro videos for YouTube gives a strong introduction & first impression to your viewers and sets the tone for your YouTube videos. Also, it is an essential element of audience engagement else they won’t stick around.
- Even if you’re creating a video on an idea that’s been done before, your own content should be unique, and interesting.
- Keep your audience engaged by using patterns, end screens, and more.
- Above all, make sure that you bring your personal touch to the video.
2. Create and Publish Videos Often
You should be consistent if you want to grow your YouTube channel. Even if you’re not seeing huge growth, keep making videos and publishing them.
According to stats, YouTube channels that publish content more than once perform better than the ones that don’t. Whenever someone subscribers to your channel, they get a notification when you upload a new video.
If new subscribers are getting notifications once a week, they’re likely to see the video.
If you can make and publish more than 1 video every week, you should. Increased frequency of video means better subscribers.
3. Optimize YouTube Videos
If you’re not optimizing your videos, it’s going to hurt you instead of help you. To make sure more and more people see and engage with your video, you need to optimize them in a way.
Your video should contain:
- Optimized video title
- Optimized video description
- Proper use of video tags
- Engaging and inviting thumbnail
- Video transcript in subtitles
- You should add a start screen and an end screen to your YouTube videos.
4. Optimize Your YouTube Channel
To increase your subscribers on YouTube, you need to optimize your channel alongside your videos. Some of the best ways to optimize your YouTube channel are:
Create a YouTube Trailer
A trailer for your channel gives visitors insights into your channel. Through your YouTube channel, you can teach your audience about:
- Your brand
- Type of content on your videos
- What future videos may show
- Your research schedule
Also, make sure that you include appropriate sections on your channel’s home page. If you have particular playlists on your channel, they should show up on top of your channel.
5. Make High-Quality Videos
If you’re uploading videos of poor quality, then you won’t be able to increase your subscribers. When you upload professional-looking videos, you’re more likely to be able to grow your channel.
Here are some steps you can take to make sure your videos look great:
- Shoot videos in a quiet environment with no noise in the background.
- Use good recording equipment so that the audio is clear.
- Set up a green background and use studio lights to record.
- Make sure you record videos in 1080p or higher. YouTube likes HD videos and ranks them higher.
- Plan your script in advance perfectly so you know what to say at all times.
- Use jump cuts, and smart edits to make your video more engaging.
- Stabilize your video recordings with a tripod and shoot videos horizontally.
- Make sure that you edit your videos perfectly.
- Review your final product before publishing.
6. Add a Watermark to Your Videos
You should ALWAYS add a watermark to your videos. This is the perfect way to remind the audience to subscribe to your channel, and also grow your brand recognition. A watermark can be a logo, a brand name, or a call to action.
7. Engage With Your Audience
Interacting with your viewers is a great way to build a loyal customer base. If you reply to comments and converse with the audience, it can lead to users subscribing to your channel. Engaging with your audience is really important for your channel.
If someone took the time to watch the video, make sure to thank them, and ask them to subscribe.
Encourage your audience to give feedback on your video. Comments can even help you rank a bit higher. Also, make sure to improve your videos based on the criticism you receive on the video. If you’re aiming to expand your audience across various countries, consider utilizing YouTube dubbing as a means to enhance engagement with your audience.
8. Use Other Platforms to Promote Your Videos
If you want to increase your subscribers on YouTube, then it’s a great idea to promote your videos on other platforms. Here are some things some platforms you can use:
- Social Media
The first thing you can do is check which platforms you already use. If you’re already on all the major social media platforms, then you can use them to promote yourself.
Post the links to your videos on Facebook, and other social media channels.To maximize your reach, you can even stream on Twitch and YouTube at the same time and connect with a broader audience.
- Forums and Blogs
You can also promote your YouTube channel on forums and blog discussion sites. If it feels relevant, provide the link to your YouTube video. Join Q&A sites like Quora, and answer questions that are related to your videos.
- Link Building
Find relevant high-authority websites that are related to your niche. Talk with them, and ask them to include your videos in their content in exchange of a backlink. You can also collaborate with other YouTube channels to increase your viewership.
Some other ways to promote your videos include:
- Engage with people by posting your video links on relevant community pages.
- Publish your videos in reputable video directories.
- Embed your videos in your blogs.
- Promote other related videos from your channel on the end screen.
Conclusion – How to Increase Your YouTube Subscribers
This concludes our guide on how to increase your YouTube subscribers. If you carefully and meticulously follow this guide, you will be able to reach your YouTube end goals.
To be able to establish yourself as an authority on YouTube, you need to make sure your content is creative and engaging.