- 11 May 2022
- by Louis Sawyer
- Blog, Traffic
- 0 Comments
Traffic that is Effective for Sales
The Internet is brimming with articles, blog posts, and various tips on driving more traffic to your site. Often these methods are repeated from text to text, merely under slightly varying interpretations. Beginner entrepreneurs follow these tips and sooner or later conclude that they don’t work.
A picture of an online store website with significant traffic but no sales is considered inefficient. Traffic is one of the most crucial ingredients in launching an online store, and marketers can do nothing without it. In addition, traffic is what drives future sales. Therefore, before following any recommendation, it is worth understanding what kind of traffic is effective for sales.
Start by studying your audience and choosing the most likely channel that can lead to purchasing. Then, taking into account that there are two types of queries: informational and commercial, we can conclude that it is commercial traffic that is effective for sales, with key queries being “Buy,” “Order,” “Deliver,” and “Cost,” “Price.” In other words, it is necessary to rely precisely on these kinds of queries for search engines and use informational keys to build and maintain the image. Also, consider connecting Facebook leads to email for higher traffic rates.
Work with information queries carefully. There’s no need to use them everywhere for an online store or other commercial platforms. Unfortunately, business owners and novice SEO specialists don’t realize this. It results in additional queries being placed on the selling pages. Sometimes this happens through ignorance, and sometimes – because it is difficult to distinguish them from commercial requests.
Universal Techniques to Increase Website Traffic
Note that different sources, that increase website traffic, are suitable for different businesses, and there is no one-size-fits-all channel. You can only find out what is most effective in your specific case after conducting tests. Traffic channels lead to different audiences and, with other things being equal, convert website visitors into buyers very differently.
Nevertheless, it makes sense to
- Update SEO optimization and push commercial queries;
- do a thorough analysis and segment the target audience;
- identify potentially effective sources of traffic;
- test advertising traffic;
- choose the optimal channel to attract traffic that has shown results: social networks, blogs, websites, referral traffic, messengers, opinion leaders, and organic traffic.
Perhaps if the business owner doesn’t have enough knowledge or experience, it’s worth considering finding a software development partner who can take on the complex development of the strategy to increase website traffic.
Ways to Increase Sales Traffic
High engagement, retention, and financial performance characterize targeted traffic. We can say traffic is profitable if the cost of engaging it is lower than the profit it generates. Typically, costs directly correlate with the means used to increase website traffic and the business’s focus. The higher the competition, the greater the cost. Sometimes the competition is so tough that the traffic cost gets much higher than its revenue. This situation is absurd, so marketers in such cases are looking for some alternative sources, with the requirements for traffic quality being lowered. For the quality of traffic to be high, it is necessary to:
- Adapt the website to search engine requirements:
- Remove broken links.
- Set up correct redirects.
- Remove duplicate pages.
- Generate an XML map of the website.
- Configure indexation for the pages ( pagination used for online stores with a large number of products in the catalog)
- Register the company in all local directories and Google My Business, and add all offline stores to the maps.
- Make a plan to increase the number of external links leading to the website.
- Compile a semantic core. Select queries according to seasonality and holidays, choose the highest potential and eliminate blank queries.
- Prepare terms of reference for copywriters, considering the increase in keywords specifically for commercial requests, write new headlines and add them to the site.
- Prepare a series of promotional articles and place them on external resources.
- Make sure to solve all the problems found.
- Fix bugs and update the robots.txt to allow search engines to correct crawling.
- Fix minor problems in the mobile and adaptive versions of the site.
Defining A Custom Strategy
If we’re talking in the context of sales, the primary strategy is to draw up a sales funnel. That is, it’s not just the traffic that comes to the site that matters to the company, but also how much money the company can make from that traffic.
The endpoint of the sales funnel is the sale itself, which is done by converting visitors into buyers. Visitors, on the other hand, are attracted by increased website traffic. But again, we come back to the fact that not every traffic will be helpful in this conversion. For example, people who are just looking for information rarely become buyers. So you need to develop a strategy that attracts exactly the right quality commercial traffic.
Louis Sawyer is a professional writer, editor and a web design expert. She loves writing about technology trends, web development, mobile games and business issues. Also, Louis works as a proofreader at Computools. Follow Louis on Twitter