A Website is the mirror image of your brand and business outlook. It matters how efficiently you project all information about your services to target your audience. Besides, a shortage of content management in website development may create hurdles in boosting your business reach.
So, why not hire CMS developers to manage your content on your website effectively?
Content management helps you to build websites without going deep into coding. Apart from content management, you can also add functions to your websites, such as images, web pages, and more.
Starting from the 1980s, the market of CMS has been growing continuously in the last four decades. As of January 2021, more than 63.6 million websites use CMS platforms.
What is a CMS Platform?
The content management system (CMS) platform allows users to create a website and manage its content easily. Through different gateways, you will get the choice to choose the best CMS platform for your website development.
Image resource: Pinterest
Advantages of CMS Platforms:
- Easy way to develop websites even for non-technical users
- An excellent approach to search engine optimization
- Enhanced outlook of web pages
- Develop customized websites as per your requirements
Top 10 Popular CMS Platforms
Market Share: 44.29%
Image resource: tgsanetechnologies
WordPress is the most popular CMS platform in the market and captures 44.29% of the market share. To be an open-source project, WordPress acquires the largest community in the world of CMS. Moreover, you can easily integrate WordPress with other E-marketplaces such as Etsy or eBay to broaden your customer base as well as increase your sales.
- More than a thousand themes to provide a fantastic look to a website
- WordPress Plugins to add functions on the website ( for example: WooCommerce and related plugins for eCommerce websites)
- Built-in comments for better audience engagement.
- SEO plugins for effective search engine optimization
- Different publishing tools to publish blogs on your websites
Pricing: Free of charge
Best For: Beginners, magazines, bloggers, educational websites, and business and nonprofit portfolios
Websites: Vogue, Angry Birds, The Obama Foundation and Canada.com
Market Share: 1.03%
Image source: Drupal
Another famous CMS platform to create unique websites with outstanding performance. It is an open-source CMS and helps to handle lots of data. The total number of websites based on Drupal is 562,655.
- Advanced search option for enhanced researching experience
- Multi-level menu system to create complex navigation and increases the usability of the website
- Different modules to extend website functionality
- Advanced stats and logging to track the website’s activities.
Pricing: Free to use under GPL
Best For: Experienced professionals, taxonomy system, and customized websites
Websites: BBC, the White House, the University of London, and MTV UK
Market Share: 7.17%
Image resource: Wix
Wix is an online CMS platform to build beautiful websites. More than 40 lakhs websites are running on Wix and more than 15 thousand in the US.
- A drag and drop editor to build unique web pages
- Add functions to the websites with apps like Wix Etsy Integration, Wix eBay Integration,…
- Advanced features to create eCommerce websites
- Customized domain name for personalized websites
Pricing: Free of charge
Best For: Blogging websites, business portfolios, eCommerce, entrepreneurs, and startup websites.
Websites: Animal Music, Rafael Varona, Wendy Ju, and Poke Bowlz
Market Share 2.61%
Image resource: Webkul
Joomla is another famous CMS platform built on a model-view-controller web application framework. As per numerical data, 1,662,593 active websites are using this website builder.
- Use bootstrap to deliver the fantastic mobile experience
- More than 8000 extensions to extend the functionality of websites
- Customized website development
- More than nine content editing tools
Pricing: Free of charge
Best For: Business websites, eCommerce, newspapers, and community-based portals
Websites: Roger Federer, Peugeot, Michael Phelps, and Nintendo
Market Share: 4.17%
Image resource: Squarespace
Squarespace is the second most popular website builder on the Entire Internet in Hosted Solution area. As per data, 2,647,991 live websites in the market using Squarespace in which more than three thousand active websites in India.
- Customized web pages with templates
- Most optimal mobile experience
- Blogging tools such as custom layouts, scheduled posts, workflow, and RSS syndication
- Squarespace eCommerce features for flawless selling business
Pricing: Start from $12.00 per month
Best For: eCommerce websites and business websites
Websites: Crozet Coffee, Slow Travel Magazine, Egg Shop, New Inc
6. GoDaddy Builder
Market Share: 2.55%
Image resource: GoDaddy
It would be odd if you don’t hear about GoDaddy. It acts as a one-stop solution for website development and supporting more than 10 lakh websites.
- Drag & drop editor to make every web page perfectly
- Themes are available for dynamic views of websites
- A drop-down menu is open for a more user-friendly experience
Pricing: Need to pay after 30 days trial
Best For: Business entities, freelancers, startups, and eCommerce
Websites: Women Working in Technology, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
Market Share: 1.63%
Image resource: Weebly
Once started in 2007, Weebly is the cause of building thousands of websites. It is one of the best CMS platforms to amplify online business.
- Custom domain for a personalized experience
- eCommerce tools to create a functional online business
- Statistics to track websites activities
Read this specific Weebly review and find out more about all the key features.
Pricing: Free of cost & also offer premium plan starts from $5.00 per month.
Best For: eCommerce website or online business
Websites: The Whiskey Ball, The Box Brothers, Brighton Secondary School Music, Japhlet Bire Attias
Market Share: 1.1%
Image resource: Magento
It is an open-source CMS platform to build an eCommerce website for boosting online business. Its source is distributed under famous software company Adobe.
- Highly customized with a wide range of third-party extensions
- Drag-and-drop builder for easy web customization
- Support multiple languages
Pricing: Paid plan: $22,000/year
Best For: eCommerce, Business Entities, and Entrepreneurs
Websites: Ford, Coca Cola, and Nike
If you want to migrate to Magento without a hitch, this automated migration tool will help you out
Pixpa is an all-in-one website builder platform trusted by thousands of photographers, creative professionals and businesses worldwide for building beautiful, professional websites without touching a single line of code.
- Beginner-friendly, no-code platform simplifies website building and management.
- Fully customizable, mobile-friendly and responsive templates.
- Over 50+ third party integrations for added functionality.
- Free, one-time website set-up service with higher pricing tiers.
Pricing: 15-day free trial and subscription plans starting from $3/month
Best for: Photographers, creators, freelancers and business owners.
Websites: Poketto, Made Studios, Benny Cuppini, Lucinda Lyons Art
Market Share: 1.10%
Image resource: WPArena
Duda acts as the best CMS for developers to create beautiful websites. With more than 7 Lakh active websites, this website builder meets small to medium-sized business requirements.
- Different navigation styles for better user experience
- Drag & Drop editor to provide a unique look
- Powerful integrations for business marketing
Pricing: Paid plans start from $19.00 per month
Best For: Freelancing & Startup Business
Websites: LWG Photography, Chef Adoni, Tygerpoort Primary School
Market Share: 1.05%
Image resource: popupsmart
Do you want to hire CMS programmers for personal blogging? Blogger is a fantastic platform to build a website for sharing personal opinions.
- Easy to use templates from Blogger’s library
- Built-in analytics for site performance
- Free-customized domain
Pricing: Free of charge
Best For: Blogging
Websites: Trail Rail, Pinch Gallery, Luma on Park
- Page management
- Built-in sitemaps
- SEO fields
- Custom roles
Tips to choose the right CMS platform for a web project
- Analyze your website requirements carefully.
- Choose a CMS that supports integrations with other apps and has APIs.
- Check the plugin’s functionality for a customized experience
- Make sure CMS platform supports omnichannel
- Evaluate the scalability of your CMS
Building a responsive website seemed to be a challenging task, but not anymore with CMS platforms. Go through the list of top 10 content management platforms to build excellent websites according to your requirements.
If you need assistance in your web project, hire CMS developers in India and ready to create the digital impression of your business identity.
Andrej Fedek is a digital marketer. He recently started his own blog about digital marketing called InterCool Studio. His passion is to help startups grow and thrive in a competitive environment.