- 13 October 2021
- by Shivani Goyal
- 0 Comments
Heatmap is the data visualization technique that takes the help of color to show which areas of your website get the most and best attention from the visitors. The more vibrant the color is, the more engaging the web page is. So a heatmap permits you to picture how visitors use your website. Heatmap tool gives an overlay on top of your pages showing regions with more movement as more smoking than the areas with low client action. Heatmap tools offer visual examination about which regions of your website, your potential customer or client engaged, avoided, or scrolled.
The purpose behind using the heatmap tool is to save prospects on your site for longer or drive them down into a conversion funnel.
How to choose the best heatmap tool for your businesses?
With the growing popularity of heatmap due to its advantage, there are many companies offering services, but the parameters which should be checked before taking the services for heatmap programming are-
- Collect data efficiently-the end purpose of using the heatmap is to collect information about visitors, which are customers or potential consumers. Having full-fledged customer data helps in important decision-making regarding inventory, marketing campaigns and many more.
- Easy to use- It should be as easy as it won’t require the service of a professional or special technical person. Even a layman with minimum technical knowledge can navigate through it without much struggle.
- Real-time web page- All heatmaps diagrams are saw on the real-time pages instead of on a screen capture of the page (given by different applications)
- Easy Integration- It should be integrated with other applications such as dashboards.
- User experience(UX)-should optimize UX with heatmap software. Its interface should be easy on the ground as poor UX often can let you lose your potential customers to your competitors, decline your conversion rate, and ultimately affect the customer retention rate and goodwill.
- Ease of flexibility- It should be flexible enough to let the dashboard admin view reports with easy navigation on websites.
- Real-Time analytics- Every report should be refreshed with real-time information or the minimum delay of some minutes.
- Tracks click on hidden element- Ensure that the heatmap tool you pick tracks taps on secret elements triggered by hover actions and click actions. These can be drop-down menus, folding navigation bars and so on.
In this article, you’ll discover around seven astonishing ways you can use heatmap tools to proactively improve and engage every single time of your client’s visit to your website.
- Measure your website performance
Use different types of the heatmap to track every step of your visitors. Like using a click map, as the name suggests, you can track the clicking pattern of visitors. For example, with a scroll map, you can learn how your visitors are scrolling down and which website page captures most of their attention, and with a mouse heatmap, you can see the areas where they move the mouse cursor most. Having this data, you can undoubtedly decide how engaging your website is and how productive it is in keeping your visitors interested by your page contribution.
- Email marketing based on heatmap
Marketers should convey engaging content while seeking competition with SMS, Netflix, and the sky’s the limit from there.
An email marketing heatmap permits brands to understand campaign engagement across the user’s various gadgets, browsers, and applications through a visual representation of how users draw in with website content. They add shading layers(colors) above content to show what parts of the content clients gave most attention to or clicked on.
- The heatmap tool helps to put the call to action drive in the right place
Through click heatmap, marketers can easily understand what areas visitors are paying attention to, and if you click on an image or sentence or something else which is not a link, then marketers can alter the call to action button and make it a link where consumers are seeking attention or alter the content which is not drawing click attention thereby improving click through rates engaging the customer through a heatmap.
- Optimise your conversion rate
Each guest followed on a heatmap gives you actionable insights you can use to upgrade your site. To tell you a practical thing, consider how each user’s action begins on the home page, regardless of whether they are on your site to buy a product or subscribe to your newsletter or fill your lead form. As an entrepreneur, you need to know how they are responding and acting while at the same time browsing your home page. Utilizing heatmap software, you can make various sorts of heatmaps and use them to decide how certain pages of your website act to keep your website customer engaged.
- Heatmap tool helps visitors to make important decisions immediately
If your attention heatmap discloses to you that your visitors invest a large time on your pricing page and afterward go to your customer’s page, it would be a wise decision to add a client testimonial to your pricing page to help your potential client to decide in favor of the website company.
- Removing unnecessary element
Another significant reason you should use a heatmap tool to engage customers is that it advises you if your visitors are tapping on non-interactive images, white spaces, and void areas while missing areas they should focus on. This data can be a daily life changer as it assists you to eliminate superfluous elements, add links where required, improve the void areas, and direct consumers to the right place.
- Tool for mobile and desktop
Depending upon the product and your needs, you will need heatmap tools. The best heatmap tool is the one that improves the user experience for both desktop users as well as mobile users, reducing churn rate at the same time. But there is a difference between scrolling through a laptop and mobile. What takes a few lines on a desktop may require much scrolling on mobile. So tools should be such as providing heat map reports with different device types. You will most likely have to plan various interfaces for mobile and desktop to guarantee great UX across all gadgets; however, your work will bring expanded consumer loyalty and engagement rates.
Web-based business benefits significantly from the use of the best heat-mapping tools. With regards to boosting inspection and audit of your website, heat-mapping devices end the guesswork where and when clients leave your website.
Not exclusively does heat mapping give your business incredible user experiences; however, it can likewise help you address difficult issues with your website design that might be ruining your business’ performance online.
Now that you have read this guide, you have clearly understood the importance of using heatmap tools to engage and convert customers to your website.
Shivani is a content writer at NotifyVisitors. She writes SEO articles, blogs, and guest posts for businesses to improve website ranking on SERP. She follows a balanced approach to the quality of content and its marketing. She loves to be creative, although she had an English major in her graduation.